Regenerating your water softener
Your water softener should be regenerated at least once a week.
To regenerate your water softener just follow these simple steps below:
- Turn the top valve from the 9 o’clock position to the 3 o’clock position, approx 2 pints of water will come from top tube
- Unscrew and take top off
- Pour 2 pints of salt into the softener
- Put the top back on and screw back down
- Turn the top valve back to the 9 o’clock position
- Turn the bottom valve all the way across from the 9 o’clock position to the 3 o’clock position
- Water will dribble out slowly
- Leave to run for 45 minutes
- After 45 minutes taste the water, it should be clear and have no taste of salt. (If you taste salt leave it run a little longer)
- Turn the bottom valve back to the 9 o’clock position.
- The softener is now regenerated and is ready for use.